Monday, May 18, 2009

IBM Corporate Service Corps

At friday morning I got a mail from the IBM Corporate Service Corps that I was selected as one of the corp members. Two months ago there was a call for partifipation. I was immediately electrified as I read the mail. It was the chance I was waiting for. I called my boss to ask him for the allowance to applicate on the program. He said yes he would support me for that. I wrote the application down in the same evening. I didn't thought a lot as I wrote the application. It was as if the program is maid for me. The reasons why I want to take part on it were all so natural that I don't need to really think about them. The only challenge was to confine my thoughts in 5000 letters. And now, it is there. I am still electrified thinking of it. Mr. Kusterer, who is responsible for Corporate Citizenship in IBM in Germany told us on the CSC Roadshow that the chance to get selected is like an application by the Stanford University. So, it's an honor, a responsibility, and an adventure into an unknown universe.

Am Freitag Morgen erhielt ich die Mail von der IBM Corporate Service Corps dass ich für das Programm gewählt wurde. Vor zwei Monaten als ich den Aufruf zur Beteiligung las wirkte sie für mich elektrisierend. Das war die Chance auf die ich gewartet habe. Ich rief meine Führungskraft sofort an und fragte nach dem Erlaubnis, mich für das Programm zu bewerben. Er sagte sofort seine Unterstützung zu. Am gleichen Abend füllte ich die Bewerbungsformular. Ich musste nicht viel darüber nachzudenken. Die Gründe, warum ich daran teilnehmen will, waren so natürlich dass sie wie von selbst heraussprudelten. Die einzige Herausforderung war sie alle auf 5000 Zeichen zu begrenzen. Und nun ist es da. Ist bin immer noch aufgeregt wenn ich daran denke. Der für IBM Corporate Citizenship in Deutschland zuständiger Manager Herr Kusterer hatte in seinem in Köln gegebenen CSC Roadshow gesagt, dass die Chance, genommen zu werden, entspricht in etwa eine Bewerbung bei der Stanford University. Es ist eine Ehre, eine Verantwortung und ein Abenteuer in einem unbekannten Universum.

星期五早上我收到了被IBM企业全球服务志愿队收录的信。两个月前我在公司内部的信件中看到了呼吁参加的信件。当时我就非常兴奋。这正是我在等待的机会。我立刻给头打电话问是否可以参加。他马上说他支持我。当晚我就填好了申请表格。当时我根本不用多想,为什么我要参加的原因就像自然而然地就浮现了,最难的是把它们压缩到5000个字母。现在我真的被收录了。想到这点我依然非常兴奋。在德国负责企业公民责任的库斯特勒先生在科隆介绍这个项目的时候说,从数值上来说,被这个项目收录的机会和被斯坦福大学收录的机会差不多。这是一个荣誉、一个责任和一个进入未知宇宙的探险。

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Ting! That's exciting and a precious opportunity! When and where will the next activity start?

    ReplyDelete